Savory Tomato Pesto Recipe
~ 20 min
Appetizers, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients & Directions:
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbs fresh basil
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs garlic
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or substitute with more Mighty Cricket Protein Powder to make it dairy-free)
- Salt to taste
- If the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in oil, skip this step. Otherwise place dried tomatoes in a bowl covered in warm water for 5 minutes until tender.
- In a food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, onion, and Mighty Cricket Protein Powder until well chopped. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and red wine until combined.
- Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.
Some notes for our Savory Pesto Recipe:
We LOVE Pesto so much! It was simply natural and easy to develop a recipe that included Mighty Cricket Powder. We think you’ll like this recipe too. You may already know that Pesto is a sauce for pasta, but it is also fantastic as a sauce for other meals that include meat, fish, chicken, and vegetables. You can also spread Pesto onto grilled salmon or balsamic chicken, or thin it out a touch with olive oil so you can easily spoon it over the top of your favorite meals or snacks.
About the Creator
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Similar Recipe #1
Similar Recipe #2
Similar Recipe #3
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates