Protein Powder Puppy Chow Recipe
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut, almond, or sunflower butter
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, or Shredded Wheat cereal
- 1/2 cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Melt chocolate and butter together, either on the stovetop or in the microwave. Be careful not to burn! If using the microwave, start at 30 seconds, stir, then microwave at 15 second increments, stirring between each.
2. Add 3 cups of cereal to a large bowl. Pour a third of the chocolate/butter mixture over the cereal. Add another 3 cups of cereal to bowl. Repeat alternating cereal and chocolate mixture until both ingredients are all added. Gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
3. Sprinkle Mighty Cricket Protein Powder over cereal while gently stirring until evenly coated. Repeat with corn starch. Finally repeat with powdered sugar. Make sure to do this last for optimal taste. Store in an airtight container. Best kept refrigerated.
Notes for the Cricket Chow Recipe:
Try this healthier twist on your favorite Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies) Recipe. We swap half of the powdered sugar coating with corn starch to get that beautiful white coating with only half of the sugar. (No one would ever guess!)
About the Creator
Sarah Schlafly is the founder of Mighty Cricket. Her passion lies in making healthy meals delicious, convenient, sustainable, and affordable. She is eager to chat about food with you and connect on LinkedIn.
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates