High Protein Pesto Pasta Recipe
~ 20 min
Appetizers, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients & Directions:
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbs fresh basil
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs garlic
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or substitute with more Mighty Cricket Protein Powder to make it dairy-free)
- Salt to taste
1. If the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in oil, skip this step. Otherwise place dried tomatoes in a bowl covered in warm water for 5 minutes until tender.
2. In a food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, onion, and Mighty Cricket Protein Powder until well chopped. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and red wine until combined.
3. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.
Inspiration for High Protein Pesto Pasta Recipe:
I love pest so much, it was easy to develop a recipe that included Mighty Cricket Powder. My favorite characteristics of pesto is that it packs a flavorful punch into any dish and is so versatile. This recipe uses the pesto in pasta, but it is also fantastic as a light dressing for chicken, fish, and vegetables. I even use it in place of ketchup on hamburgers. Sometimes I thin it with olive oil to toss it more easily into my dishes. Enjoy this high protein version as a meat alternative, or simply use it as a flavor enhancer.
About the Creator
Sarah Schlafly is the founder of Mighty Cricket. Her passion lies in making healthy meals delicious, convenient, sustainable, and affordable. She is eager to chat about food with you and connect on LinkedIn.
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates