Bacon Walnut Brownies Recipe (gluten-free, protein powder)
16 2″x2″ Square
~ 1 hour
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup reserved bacon drippings
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sour cherries (optional)
- pomegranate seeds (optional for garnishing)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.Spray the 8×8 square baking pan with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, add melted butter, pure vanilla extract, granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until fully combined.
3. Add in eggs one at a time and mix until fully combined.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine gluten-free flour, cricket flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), cocoa powder, and baking soda. Whisk together.
5. Slowly add the gluten-free flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined and smooth.
6. Pour the brownie batter to 8×8 sized baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. The sides of the brownies with start to pull away from the pan. Please watch your brownies because all ovens are different.
7. Remove brownies and allow to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
Inspiration for Bacon Walnut Brownie Recipe:
I adapted this recipe from this gluten free blog. Being allergic to gluten, great desserts can be hard to come by. But this recipe is definitely a winner! The bacon drippings plus Mighty Cricket Protein Powder transforms traditional brownies into something truly AMAZING. They are sweet, salty, nutty, and everything you could possibly want from a brownie.
About the Creator
Allison Jack is a scientist, mom, wife, avid hiker, and gluten free cook. She loves experimenting with new recipes using locally sourced ingredients.
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates