Easy High Protein Bagel Recipe
~ 40 min
Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower (340 grams)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp flour (used plantain flour)
- 1 tbsp Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 eggs (preferably local & free-range)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Everything bagel seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Microwave riced cauliflower for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam it in a medium pot for 7-10 minutes over medium heat (covered).
3. Once the cauliflower is cooked, mix in the chia seeds, flour, and Mighty Cricket Protein Powder.
4. Next, stir in the eggs and pinch of salt.
5. Spray the the pan with non-stick spray. (You can use a donut pan or regular sheet pan.)
6. Divide the mixture to make 8 bagel halves. If using a sheet pan, form bagels. (Make sure the mixture is compacted.)
7. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 22-25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
9. Flip the bagels and spray with olive oil.
10. Sprinkle each with everything bagel seasoning.
11. Bake for 5 more minutes so they will brown on the other side.
12. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.
14. Top with your favorite toppings (such as cricket-infused cream cheese, avocado, or Mighty Hummus.)
Notes for Easy High Protein Bagel Recipe:
Ok, so this isn’t really a bagel. But it is a super creative and healthy take on one! Plus this high protein bagel is much faster and easier to make than a traditional bagel. So go ahead and give it a try! It’s totally worth experimenting with and trying new toppings.
About the Creator
Jolee Keplinger is an eco-conscious cooking enthusiast. She loves experimenting with new ingredients to create delicious, healthy recipes.
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates