Quinoa Cricket Tacos Recipe
~ 10 min prep, ~ 30 min cook
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded lettuce, cheese, and salsa for serving
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne.
3. Bring to a boil then simmer to cook quinoa through.
4. Stir in Mighty Cricket Powder, corn and black beans. Heat through.
5. Mix in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.
Inspiration for Quinoa Cricket Tacos Recipe:
Tacos are good for the soul. Period. It turns out that you just NEED these tacos. They will impress your friends. They’ll be like, “These have crickets in them?” And, you can say, “Yes!” Prepare to be the star of your dinner party.
About the Creator
Sarah Schlafly is the founder of Mighty Cricket. Her passion lies in making healthy meals delicious, convenient, sustainable, and affordable. She is eager to chat about food with you and connect on LinkedIn.
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates