Warm and Hearty Chili Recipe
Prep ~20 min, Cook ~40
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (15.5-oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Classic garnish: Shredded cheddar, sour cream, cilantro
- Southwestern garnish: Lime wedges, baked tortilla strips, cilantro
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil then add onion, bell pepper, and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant.
2. Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, and seasonings + cricket powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Garnish and serve.
Notes for the Warm and Hearty Chili Recipe:
This hearty chili recipe packs meaty flavor without the beef! Make this for your next group gathering (we won’t tell them the secret ingredient).
About the Creator:
Get Clean Protein in Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes, deals, and updates